Mozart Effect

Saturday, February 3, 2007

Mozart Effect

That's it. Another term, another slew of botched quizzes. It hit me then that if I want to get rich and buy useless stuff later in my storied life, I better get my ass working right now.

So I've gone classical. Ever heard of the Mozart Effect? One study suggested that listening to Mozart (or any classical music for that matter) will increase your performance in class. I was THAT desperate, so...

For the past two days, I was listening to Vivaldi. Great stuff, actually. I listened as I reviewed. I listened before I slept. I listened while riding the bus. I had Vivaldi for breakfast.

Now, I cannot verify if it worked or not (I hope it did), but what I know was that I got weird looks as I bumped my head up and down like a rabid pianist. Treat this method with caution, people.

But that wasn't enough for me. Hell, if I wanted better grades I must as well feel like I could really get them. I needed to dress the part as well. So may I now present to you, Top Nerd.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

That knitted jacket was my dad's way back in the 70's. Yes, it smelled like aparador.

Now I have had a few similar fashion blunders quirks. There's my "punk" phase.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I had a penchant for things cranial.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My heroes? Simple Plan and Avril Lavigne. You may now shoot me.

Next came my athletic look. I used to wear these wristbands all the time.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I even came to my cousin's wedding looking like the top seed at Wimbledon. The image still haunts me to this day. Notice the cute kitty drawing on my bedsheet. I hate pussies. Except the other kind.

Over the years, I managed to collect necklaces

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

and caps.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I am not promising to look like this everyday. It will just cause too much damage in my already crippled life.

Will the Mozart Effect work? The Top Dog Nerd will have to wait and see.

2 barks:

Anonymous said...

about ganyan report ko sa modcomm haha music.. i'm down with avril.. but simple plan??! nyahahaha *wink*

topdog said...

hahahaha. di mo sinabi! na-save pa sana yung advelin ko.