Surface computing has arrived

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Surface computing has arrived

Have you checked out Microsoft Surface yet? I don't know about you, but I'm very very excited by this.

It basically is a touch-sensitive computer with form factor of a table. Surface can connect with the Zune, your credit card, and your mobile phone. It can act as a concierge, or a trip organizer. Visit the site to learn more and be amazed. I know I was.

Now if only consumer versions would arrive in our country before I have kids...

2 barks:

Anonymous said...

Hey, this is too cool!

The days of Star Trek has arrived! (oops... sorry, i'm a long time trekker and this glimpse of the future has gotten me way too excited).

I can imagine it now - there will be MS Surfaces on walls and tables. It's customizable (with add ons you, ugh, purchase) and scale-able. Personal or Business use... wonder how it fares with gaming?

Thanks for the info, TopDog!

topdog said...

Surface is awesome. I wonder if local companies can afford it though. It will mosty likely cost $5,000 to $10,000.

Here is a video of Bill Gates demoing Surface.