Food post, part III

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Food post, part III

Dad's

Dad's

Although the quality has gone down a bit, I still think Dad's ultimate buffet is worth every peso. Just because of the sheer amount of choices you're given, Php 580 might not seem that much expensive.

I think I could eat here at least once or twice a year. More than that, then I think it's overkill already.

I especially like the Japanese and desserts section. Typical me.

Piadina
Piadina
Piadina

It's a shame that I haven't tried their piadina yet. Go figure. But I think it's worth it. The serving of pasta polpette was just right. It was quite good too. Lots of spices which I really like. But their mozarella toasts were too oily for my taste.

I'll definitely be back to try other items on the menu, especially the piadina. This is a good alternative to Sbarro, which I'm starting to get sick of.

Sbarro
Sbarro

This is what my usual comfort meal is like: a slice of Chicago deep-dish pizza and a slice of blueberry cheesecake. Sbarro is a lifesaver for us. Whenever we can't decide on somewhere decent to eat at SM Southmall, we usually go to Sbarro. It's good enough Italian food but not so expensive.

Kenny Rogers
Kenny Rogers

I also love Kenny Rogers. It's also one of the go-to places for us what with the few dining choices at SM Southmall. I also love their fresh fruit shakes and juices, and their yummy healthy sandwiches. I love their Philly Cheese Steak!

Mocha Blends
Mocha Blends

I've been meaning to try Mocha Blends for the longest time already but I just had the time to do that when I was in Megamall. I didn't like it. The blended coffee had large chunks of ice. I didn't like it. But I guess I must try their brewed coffee next time.

Click to see more!
Happy Cream Puff
Happy Cream Puff

The best cream puff in the Philippines. It was nice that they opened a branch in SM Southmall. When they opened, I ate their cream puff everyday for like two weeks. I was addicted.

The White Hat
The White Hat

I've been heaaring a lot of good reviews about White Hat. It is a frozen yogurt station which a lot has been popping up lately, ever since the Pinkberry craze in the US. What makes White Hat unique is that it uses Italian yogurt, instead of the usual Korean yogurt of the other fro-yo stations.

I like the White Hat. It is creamy, a bit sweet, but still retains that tangy flavor which I love about yogurt. It also serves fresh fruits as well, not just frozen ones. This is a healthier dessert alternative to frappuccinos, doughnuts, and cupcakes. But it's quite expensive as well.

I'm quite disappointed though, probably because I expected a lot from White Hat what with all the raves and buzz around the Internet community. After eating my cup, I was like "That was it?". I really was expecting more.

A Veneto Pizzeria Ristorante
A Venetto

What started out as a small unassuming Italian restaurant inside BF Paranaque has turned into a quite well-known Italian joint that has several branches around the metro.

It serves decent Italian fare with really affordable price points. I love this place. The servings are huge and I like their pizzas. I loved their carbonara with chicken fillets as well. Aside from Sbarro, this is my go-to place for decent but affordable Italian fare.

Martabak Cafe
Martabak Cafe
Martabak Cafe

I never really had much Asian fare before. So lately, I've been trying a lot of restaurants that serve Asian food. And I fell in love with Asian cuisine when I had lunch at Martabak Cafe recently at Mall of Asia.

I had nasi goreng with chicken. I cannot quite describe this meal but it was amazing! The flavors just burst inside your mouth. I really wanted to close my eyes and savor all the flavors. I'd definitely be back again to try more Indonesian fare.

Kaya
Kaya
Kaya

I've never really had a lot of Korean but I like almost everything I've had in Kaya. The beef bulgogi of course is a staple. I'm not a big fan of kimchi, but I appreciate it's distinct pickled taste. I'd like to try more Korean dishes next time.

World Chicken
World Chicken
World Chicken

I'm not a big fan but if you really want to eat a lot, then World Chicken is a good choice. Lots of pasta choices as well as for side dish, paired with chicken fillet topped with a your choice from a wide array of sauces, but then again the food is not stellar but it's not bad either.

Savory Chicken
Savory Chicken
Savory Chicken

I love love Savory Chicken. Best fried chicken for me. Their gravy is the secret. It's buttery and salty but oh so delicious. Too sad that their prices have gone up lately. This is better suited if you're gonna dine as a group.

Hula Hula Seafood and Barbecue House
Hula-hula

Hula Hula is a self-proclaimed Hawaiian restaurant. But they just offer standard grilled fare with an addition of pineapple slices and juice here and there. The place is filled with tikis and the servers are dressed in Hawaiian costume for added effect.

We ordered the luau feast which consists of several grilled chicken, tilapia, and squid served in fresh banana leaves. It was literally a feast but I didn't particularly like the food. What I like though is the small Hawaiian song and dance number the servers perform while you eat your food.

Cello's Doughnuts
Cello's
Cello's

Still the best doughnuts for me. They are sweet but not too sweet. What separates Cello's from other doughnuts is their dough base. It's soft and not too greasy. I really can't describe it. Props to them for making a cheese doughnut work. Staple orders for me are the cheese and chocolate doughtnuts.

Cibo
Cibo
Cibo
Cibo
Cibo
Cibo

Quality Italian food. No wonder Cibo has survived for more than a decade already. It's not too expensive considering the quality of the fare they are serving. I love the very innovative pizzas. They are my favorite.

Cyma
Cyma
Cyma

My family didn't really like Cyma but I liked it. I loved the lamb gyro I had. Cyma's food is not really the kind that I could eat every week but I appreciate the flavors of Greek food. I'd like to try their other stuff. Hopefully the next time I'd be in Boracay.

Kopi Roti
Kopiroti
Kopiroti

Best brewed coffee ever. I love the idea of condensed milk at the bottom. Lovely effect and tastes great as well. The kaya toasts are too sweet but I like them. The sweetness gives me goosebumps but they are not too overpowering that makes me want to drink water at once. They are addicting.

Hotshots
Hotshots
Hotshots

Overrated. I'd much rather have Wham!

9 barks:

Tammy said...

sbarro!!! i wanna try that!! last time ziti lang nakain ko! wahh:D

topdog said...

Tammy! Try mo. Masarap sya para sakin. Yung blueberry cheesecake, worth it. Nakakabusog. Dense. Around 80 ata?

Tammy said...

haha! natry ko mango cheesecake. so far ok naman pero i like my cheesecake better joke! shempre love ur own! haha! ang daming restau naman ikaw! buti ka pa!! hahaha:D

topdog said...

E kasi marunong kayo magluto no! Masarap pa kayo magluto. Masarap mga pagkain nyo sa house. Inggit nga ako e!

Dapat magdala ka nung cheesecake mo. Taste test natin. Haha.

Tammy said...

haha d kaya kami runong luto! haha a sino sabi masarap pagkain dito? hahahaha!!!

haha natry na nila jet ung pink cheesecake ko wahahaha pero sablay nun. d ako magaling gumawa. ako lang kumakain dito nung cheesecake pag gumawa ako:))

topdog said...

Nababasa ko sa plurk yung hotpot dinners nyo e. Naimagine ko masarap. Hehe.

Tammy said...

hahaha how timely! hotpot kami ulit now for dinner! I always look forward to hotpot dinners:D hahahaha!

alam mo ba ung place sa may macapagal ung rotary hotpot? king one? fav ko doon! sarap sarap parang jap style kasi ung style umiikot mga pagkain! eat all u can pa!

Anonymous said...

happy cream puff is in makati now! The Zone! i saw it when we played badminton there. Malugay St.

topdog said...

tammy: sige try ko yung king one.

anonymous: that's great!