Marica Gonzales is a viral campaign

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Marica Gonzales is a viral campaign

I'm sure a lot of you have received this email from a certain Marica Gonzales. I tweeted about it immediately because I knew there was something fishy about it. It was well-constructed with correct grammar and punctuation. It was sent directly to me, but I knew right away that it was spam.

Well, it turns out that it was a big viral campaign for Datu Puti's soy sauce (or toyo), according to Azrael.

They have set up a YouTube channel as well.

I don't know what to think about this. Before, I vocally hoped that Pablo Banila is a viral campaign for a hair product or something.

But this Marica Gonzales thing is a bit different. It was an email directly sent to individuals, whereas that Pablo Banila thing created a buzz when a lot of users got freaked out by his weird viewing habits, gross looks, and disturbing website. But the email was a bit uncreative in the opinion and pushing it too far. How did "she" get our emails by the way?

It was a great idea, but should've been executed better.

0 barks: