Post-Valentine Roll

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Post-Valentine Roll

After a lame Valentine's, I was on a roll today.

I had promised my best friend Maricar to take her to the movies today. Even though I teased her that she'll receive no flowers, I felt that it was appropriate to give her a gift. It is hard to pick a nice inexpensive gift with 10 minutes to spare, so I was sweating profusely and in panic mode.

Good thing there was Marks & Spencer, the savior that it is as always.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Of course, we can't decide where to get lunch. We ended up at Duke of York Pizzeria.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The place was cozy and well-lit.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

We got the garlic & shrimp, and barbecue-something pizza.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I ordered the Queen's sampler

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

and she chose the Manhattan Brooklyn sampler.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The food came cold but tasted okay. I loved the pizza, especially the garlic & shrimp half. The fries looked like it came only from the supermarket's frozen section, while the cajun chicken strips were forgettable. I was not sure of her spaghetti though.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I am not sure what I was doing here. Either I was sneezing or praying.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My friend was strangely shy that day.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

We watched "The Messengers" afterwards. We have this hobby of seeing together comedy films disguised as horror flicks. While others are screaming their lungs out, we are giggling at the idiotic moments unraveling before our very eyes.

She went home after that, and I attended my first and only class. But not before she toured me in her campus.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I was on a roll. And so were my grades. Rolling down the cliff they go. My first quiz in Signal Processing was a disaster.

I decided to go see the World Light Expo along Coastal Road in the hope of distracting me. But the ticket price was too steep for a student like me. I know it is pretty and all, but I'd rather waste my 300 bucks on coffee or good food.

And that is where I stopped rolling.

4 barks:

Anonymous said...

...and the baldonian criticism continues:

i'd be broke in no time if Marks & Spencer was my savior! good for you.. lol..

it's like you chased everyone out of the pizzeria.. har har..

anticlimax equals your citation of grades.. =P

topdog said...

the cookies are not *that* expensive. a more practical and cheaper option than flowers. hehe.

ah, ako yung nauna dun e. pero nung kinunan ko na yung name nila after we finished lunch, lahat sila e nagtinginan sa akin. pakapalan na lang ng mukha.

sigspro. panira.

Anonymous said...

you are a sweet best friend! how i wish my "best friend" would also do that to me. oh well, i think he does not consider me as his "best friend" anymore.

topdog said...

Thank you? Well goodluck with your personal roadblock. Thanks for visitng my blog.