What A Night

Friday, February 23, 2007

What A Night

I finally talked to my father again. That means our night ping pong sessions will resume once again.

Oh what joy!

My mouse broke, so I had to get it replaced. I went to Mall of Asia.

I took some pictures.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And some more.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I was supposed to buy my summer shirts today as well. But I found out the store has already moved on to a new collection, and they're all gone. I've been meaning to buy them since last year. Now, I'm paying the price for my procrastination.

Feeling upset, I headed to Chocolat, my favorite cake station, for comfort. I had a slice of NY Cheesecake and the requisite Cookies 'n' Cream milkshake.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

It was heavenly.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The cheesecake was thick yet soft and creamy. But by the time I devoured half of it, I was full and sick of it already.

I must confess that I am was under a self-imposed starvation to make my body look decent for the summer.

As I was devouring my cake, the Friday night fireworks started and I totally missed it. The Top Dog was not feeling very top that night so I decided to head home.

I took the shuttle and continuing my mini-run of bad luck, the driver was totally reckless. He was a madman. I can count at least three incidents where we almost got hit/hit someone. This includes almost side-sweeping a poor old man on a bicycle.

But the first one was, uhm, the most memorable. It was less than five minutes after he started the van when he decided it was fun to beat a racing bus to turn a corner.

We were literally a feet from being bumped. The girls, all ten of them, just screamed at the top of their lungs. I think I set a personal record for repetitive cuss-firing that very moment. Pota. Good thing I was on the far side, or I would've been screaming like a rooster for dinner as well.

Imagine the emotional scar the girls on the near side would have to recover from. Bless them.

I looked up, and realized the van's ceiling looked like the interiors of a coffin.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Great. Just great.

While passing the beautiful World Light Expo, we saw their fireworks show. We were just a few meters away from the actual firing spot. It was that amazing I forgot to take photos.

That wonderful moment made me relax for a bit and smile at least.

0 barks: